A new race, the SBSB (Standert Bicycles Stone Brewing) Race, has just been announced. The race takes place on September 24 in Berlin. We spoke with Benedict Herzberg, head of marketing and PR at Standert and the SBSB Race, to get more info on the race.
“Berlin has a big history in bike racing but more and more races get cancelled as politics make it almost impossible to organize one. We wanted to bring more racing back to Berlin. With finding supportive partners in Stone Brewing Berlin and Marienpark we could finally realize our plan. So here we are with four races happening on the 24th of September. Women and men, road and fixed. 50 spots per race, no qualifications.”
“The races are framed by a day full of cycling. We have a well filled Expo Area (with partners like Fizik, Muc Off, Strava and more), awesome food and beer by Stone Brewing Berlin and music all day. For us it was most important to create an event people would like to be at. Not just a race you go to, race it and leave again. So while planning we had riders and the spectators in mind. That’s also why we choose this course, from the middle you can see almost the whole course, and the format which means non-stop action.”
– Women: 30 laps on the 850 meter course
– Men: 35 laps on the 850 meter course
– Points awarded to the first rider over the line every round
– Points correspond with lap count – e.g. 1st lap worth 1 point, 13th lap worth 13 points, 30th lap worth 30 points
– The rider with the most collected points wins
What’s included in my starters fee?
– Standert and Stone Brewing Berlin Starter Kit
– free food at the Saturday night Pasta Party
– food and drink coupon for Sunday
– start the race and the chance to win cool prizes