Last week the 8Bar Crit was held in Berlin on the historical site, Tempelhof Airport. The Crit had several categories: Men’s, Women’s, and Men’s B. For the first time the A Crit was held at night. In the Men’s A final it was Stefan Schaefer who not only took both primes, but confirmed his form by also taking the win before Davíd van Eerd and Kaj Verhaegh.
Photos: Stefan Haehnel
In the Women’s category it was Johanna Jahnke who took both primes but had to settle for 5th place. The race was won by Lena Vogl while Karla Sommer and Paola Panzeri took 2nd and 3rd. The victory in the Men’s B race went to Julian Schrenk, before Luc Herbert, and Alexander Knötzl.
Podium Men’s A
1. Stefan Schaefer – Specialized / Rocket-Espresso
2. David van Eerd – Team WIT
3. Kaj Verhaegh – Team WIT
1. Lena Vogl – Maloja Pushbikers
2. Karla Sommer – Team Schindelhauer Gates
3. Paola Panzeri – System Cars-Cinelli-Comense 1887
Podium Men’s B
1. Julian Schrenk – Schleudergang
2. Luc Herbert – Bananas on Bikes
3. Alexander Knötzl